Monday, November 24, 2014

Single,Saved & Horny!!!!

Seriously, its 9:30 and Derek said he was going to come pick me up at 8 o’clock so we can eat before the movie starts and he still is not here. I can’t stand when he makes me put on his favorite red dress and doesn’t even call to apologize. Does this scenario sound familiar? For many of us, it does. To make matters worse, if you were sexually active prior to accepting Christ, your hormones didn’t go away. It seems as if your urges increases, being saved. Welcome to I’m single, saved and horny boulevard.

Sex has been a taboo in many churches for years and if you were not married, then you definitely were frowned upon asking sex-related questions. The problem I have with this continual cycle is that, how can one wait for marriage and date in a world where sex is displayed everywhere. Well, I am not here to tell you to stay away from the opposite sex, keep your T.V. off or pray 24 hours in your house. This is neither practical nor biblical.

Being saved should not exclude you from being able to express your sexuality, but expressing it in God’s way with your spouse- in time, is God’s desire. The word of God is replete with scriptures and stories as to why we should FLEE not play, with sexual immorality. I first want you to accept that it is normal for a Christian to get horny now and again. However, acting on the urges out of marriage is wrong.

After getting saved, there were things needed to be put in place so that I would not walk defeated as a young, single woman. Prayer is the beginning of controlling sexual desires. But another part of our walk with Christ should be about setting boundaries. If you know that every time your ex calls to say hi; you wear a certain outfit with your best friend or when you watch certain T.V. shows- you get horny, then you need to make changes.

I know it’s easier said than done, but these kinds of boundaries have truly helped me. As a woman, I tend to be emotional and sensitive around guys especially if I’m attracted to them, so I gave myself curfew on dates and even the telephone.

Sex is a beautiful thing, but God knew that people could not deal with the aftermath of fornication on their own, so He asked everyone to wait. When we give into fornication, painful soul ties are created, heartaches, depression, perversion and even addictions take us down a long road. The way I see it, God was thinking about our future before we were born. This, my friend is called the love of a Father. So the next time you get horny or want to give in, ask yourself whether you want to take the long road or do you want to the nearest exit to follow Christ?


5 comments:

  1. Awesome word! I can truly relate to this. We have to expose the enemy and all his tricks. Thank you for allowing God to use you to write this blog. God bless you and keep you is my prayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome word! I can truly relate to this. We have to expose the enemy and all his tricks. Thank you for allowing God to use you to write this blog. God bless you and keep you is my prayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God.Thank you for your kind words.Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete